Micah Uetricht covers labor and immigration. He's originally from Michigan and lives in Chicago. He graduated in 2009 from Loyola University Chicago, where he studied Sociology, Black World Studies, and Women's and Gender Studies. His first foray into journalism was through an editorial internship for In These Times magazine, and his work has appeared in In These Times and Working In These Times, Yes!, Alternet, ThinkProgress, TheNation.com, and the Chicago web magazine GapersBlock.com. He is a lover of craft brews, an unapologetic Frisbee enthusiast, and in perpetual need of a respectable haircut. Follow him on Twitter @micahuetricht or check out his blog.
Recent articles by this author:
- Campus Progress Writer: Why I Chose to Get Arrested With 174 Occupy Chicago Protesters
- Undocumented Student, Arrested in Chicago, Speaks with Campus Progress
- Illinois Passes Bill For Undocumented Youth, Makes An Even Dozen State-Level DREAM Acts
- Rep. Cantor Proposes Making Students Pay Interest on Loans Before Graduating
- Illinois Rep. Calls on Obama to Use Discretionary Power to End Deportation of DREAMers
- Thousands Protest, 24 Arrested in Chicago Marches Against ‘Corporate Welfare’
- Glitter Bomb Activist: Gingrich ‘Is Definitely Feeling the Rainbow Right Now’
- Locking Up Immigrants Is Big Business
- DREAMer Wins Student Senate Position at UC-Berkeley
- Fifty Years Ago Today, Young Freedom Riders Pushed the Civil Rights Movement Forward
- NY Times Lets Racist Groups Distance Themselves From Racist Founder
- Maryland Passes Its Own Version of the DREAM Act
- The Religious Right Deems Unions Sinful
- Seven Undocumented Youth Protest, Risk Deportation in Georgia
- Frances Fox Piven Talks Tea Party Politics
- Joe Bageant: Defender of the White Working Class
- Wisconsin Faces General Strikes After Anti-Collective Bargaining Bill Passed
- Why Is the U.S. Cutting Immigration Integration Programs?
- Fox News Lies About Violent Protests in Wisconsin
- Is Scott Walker Taking Union-Busting Cues from Ronald Reagan?