Video / Multimedia
VIDEO: Teacher Punished For Helping Students Register to Vote Speaks with Rachel Maddow
The right to vote is essential to our democracy, yet some elected officials across the country continue to advocate for and pass laws that make it more difficult to exercise this right, including Voter ID legislation. Students and young Americans are disproportionally impacted by such laws.
The latest example comes from Florida, where a high school teacher is being prosecuted and fined for helping her students to register to vote. We wrote about the case last week and Rachel Maddow recently spoke with the teacher on her show:
Tara Kutz is a video communications associate at Campus Progress. Abraham White is a communications associate at Campus Progress. Follow him on Twitter @abwhite7.
- Obama Threatens To Veto House Republican’s Student Loan Bill
- Struggling Homeowners, Low-Wage Workers Protest in D.C.
- Craving a Psychological Thriller? Go No Further Than Your Student Loan Bill [Film Review]
- With No Clear Trend in Youth Vote, A Challenge Awaits Progressives
- Why Millennials Aren’t Lazy, Entitled Narcissists