Share Your #DontDoubleMyRate Story
On July 1, the interest rate on federal Stafford loans, which help millions of students pay for college every year, are set to double. If Congress doesn’t act, Stafford loans will come with a 6.8 percent interest rate—up from 3.4 percent.
But some elected officials, like Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.), don’t believe that student debt is a problem. We need to show them that kind of thinking is wrong, and we need you to stand up and share your story.
When you share your story, remember to address three vital questions:
- Why is a college education important to you?
- What impact does student debt have on you?
- How would your life change if the burden of debt was lifted?
- Obama Threatens To Veto House Republican’s Student Loan Bill
- A Stronger Middle Class Leads to More Investment in Postsecondary Education
- Craving a Psychological Thriller? Go No Further Than Your Student Loan Bill [Film Review]
- House Proposes ‘Simple’ Solution to Student Loan Rate-Hike
- Student Loan Refinancing Bill to Be Unveiled This Week