PLAY: State of the Union BINGO
Alright, folks. It’s that time of year again, when the President of the United States takes to his podium and delivers a (hopefully) fiery speech on his administration’s successes over the past year, and shares his visions for the future of this great nation.
Why not have a little fun while we’re at it? Enter Campus Progress SOTU Bingo.
Grab your bipartisan date and a couple of drinks and snacks before parking yourself on the couch for this evening’s State of the Union Address. You’ll also need something to use as markers—we suggest all those bottle caps you’ve been saving to make a table someday.
Rules are as follows:
- Dowload and print the pdf for ten unique Bingo sheets.
- When you hear the president say any of the catchphrases located on your bingo sheet, use a marker (bottle cap) to cover the space. Five in a row makes a BINGO—horizontal, vertical, or diagonal. (None of this postage stamp nonsense.)
- When a player shouts “BINGO,” all the other players take a drink, and then clear their sheets. You may switch sheets with other players if desired.
- (Insert other [drinking] game rules here)
- During the game, keep tally of the number of drinks you’ve taken. At the end of the address, the number of tally marks is the number of times you have to call your elected official this year to advocate for an issue you care about.
- Tweet your favorite moments of the night at @campusprogress, and follow us for live coverage!
Tara Kutz is a video communications associate at Campus Progress.