Video / Multimedia
MAP: Preventing a Jump in Student Loan Rates Helps States
Millions of students nationwide will save an average of $1,000 if Congress passes legislation by July 1 to prevent the interest rate on federally subsidized Stafford loans from doubling. As states already grapple with higher education funding and youth unemployment, keeping the cost of college affordable is crucial to a strong middle class and long-term economic growth.
Find out how students in your state benefit from keeping the Stafford interest rate steady.
- Despite Obama Veto Threat, Student Loan Bill Passes The House
- Whether You’re A Student, Graduate, Or Neither, These Congressional Decisions Will Affect Your Life
- Med Students Sick From Student Debt Malady
- Obama Threatens To Veto House Republican’s Student Loan Bill
- A Stronger Middle Class Leads to More Investment in Postsecondary Education