FAQ: Arizona Immigration Laws
Campus Progress is in Phoenix, AZ for the week leading up to a major march against Arizona’s SB 1070 on May 29th. We had a few questions about this bill, as well as other dangerous anti-immigrant proposals that have either recently passed or are being considered.
Luckily, Evelyn Haydee Cruz, a professor of law at Arizona State University (and the director of their Immigration Law and Policy Clinic), was able to help us get some answers.
The law clinic primarily helps undocumented children and children with one or more undocumented parents who are victims of neglect, abuse, or abandonment. They also organize community outreach meetings where ASU law students answer questions from the community, and help refer people to legal resources.
Pedro de la Torre III is a former Advocacy Senior Associate at Campus Progress.
- Love Triangles With a Side of Sex-Ed: Welcome to “East Los High”
- All You Need to Know About The Heritage’s Problematic Study [LINKS]
- Approaching Mother’s Day, Undocumented Youth Ask to Reunite With Deported Mothers
- Amendments to Immigration Reform Bill Are In, See How LGBT Families Are Impacted
- Amid Immigration Reform Talks, Obama Makes His Position on LGBT Families Clear