Call Your Member of Congress: Prevent Tax Increases For 98 Percent of Americans
Republican leadership refuses to let the House vote on a bill that has already passed the Senate and that the President has pledged to sign, preventing tax hikes for 98 percent of Americans.
Call these representatives and ask them to sign the discharge petition for the Middle Class Tax Cut Act. If 218 House members sign the petition, Congress has to vote. We have 178 signatures so far. The rest are up to you.
Brian Stewart is the communications manager at Campus Progress.
- A Stronger Middle Class Leads to More Investment in Postsecondary Education
- Craving a Psychological Thriller? Go No Further Than Your Student Loan Bill [Film Review]
- House Proposes ‘Simple’ Solution to Student Loan Rate-Hike
- Not About That Dorm Life This Fall? How You Can Own Your Own Home (Kinda)
- With No Clear Trend in Youth Vote, A Challenge Awaits Progressives